Monday, January 13, 2014

Time Off For Good Behavior


It has been just over three weeks since I last wrote a blog. Did ya miss me? There was the week of Christmas where every moment was packed with jolly holly festivities. The next week was New Years and that week went by so fast it was Friday before I finished blinking on Monday morning. Then Snowmagedan came to our town. Snow and more snow and then the Polar Vortex which kept us trapped in our home since -30 degrees are just not fun. Finally for some added fun, my husband, daughter and I came down with Bronchitis and just to be difficult, my body threw in an ear infection (WOOHOO!).

It took a little over 21 days to break my habit of writing. Honestly, I was too busy at the beginning to write anything and last week I was just not up to doing anything but the basic stuff. I was lucky if I brushed my teeth. I became very close with my comfy clothes last week. It was tough putting on real clothes when I did have to go out. I enjoyed the forgiving nature of the stretchy waist bands. They never judged me or forced me to conform, they just allowed me to be me and fill out where I needed to, no questions asked. Writing was just more than I could handle…too much energy would have been expelled that I needed for walking and sitting.

So, I am back at it and I will do my best to dazzle you with my writing once again. I hope I have not lost my few readers forever, I know I let you down. If it helps I thought of you often and wondered what you were doing. I also hoped you had not found a more entertaining blog, which honestly, I know, is not hard to do. Let’s just call it time off for good behavior and move on shall we?

Join me tomorrow when I write about When You Say Your Old.

No comments: