Tuesday, January 14, 2014

When You Say You are OLD

I have a friend that always makes comments about being old. Things like “My old ears cannot take the noise” and “My old eyes cannot read the small print”. One day I called her out on it and I said “Listen when you make cracks like that you bring the whole team down!” From there we got into a discussion and I learned that she was my age. WHAT?! Listen it is tough enough aging without constantly picking on yourself about it and picking on your perceived flaws and throwing them out there for all to see.

Everything about us changes every day. Sometimes it is just part of our personal package, choosing to view an aversion to loud noises as you being old, makes you old! You’re choosing to consider your eye sight changing as aging, rather than just part of the barrel full of monkeys that life hands each one of us, ages you. So please, please, please, STOP THAT!!


I don’t know about you, but I do not need someone my age running around complaining about getting old. I am very happy remaining age neutral and immature, please do not stick me in your crotchety OLD group and if you’re younger than me and complaining about getting old, that just does me in! Just enjoy where you are. Every one of us that gets to wake up tomorrow and enjoy a new day has a chance to do something new and create who we want to be and our age should not be an obstacle. For me I choose to be my age but live as young as I feel. I will hang out in noisy places and proudly slip on my reading glasses only when I need to. Most of all I am going to live as long as I can and remain as young as I feel. As for you, when you say you’re old, I may just have to agree with you.

No comments: