Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Working Girl

Today I start my new job. I feel like this job is the right job for me. I do not feel anxious or worried and I am excited. Having my empty nest only a couple weeks away I realize that having something outside of the house will keep me engaged with the world. I don’t want to stay stuck in a life as usual loop, so getting out and working a little, seems like the best way to keep moving forward.

Working will be a good way to learn new things and meet new people. If I just sat in my empty nest I would become bored and discontent. That would not be good for me or my marriage. There is also the chance that I would be focusing way too much on the empty part of my nest. Getting out regularly will give me things to talk about with my hubby and keep our time together more interesting.

The fact that my husband works from home is another reason why I decided to throw my hat in the job ring. With him in his basement office and me lamenting the perceived emptiness of my nest we could get very tired and annoyed with each other quickly. I kind of feel like my working will make our marriage survival rate increase. Think about it…eating, sleeping, working and socializing with the same person day after day after day has the potential to work as a relationship hatchet. Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy it’s just that too much togetherness is just not good for any relationship.


So, off I go to get ready for work! I am excited to meet new people and learn new things. Most of all I am excited to work. Look out world, here I come!!

No comments: