Wednesday, September 30, 2015

FALL

So I shared with you about my not so great feelings last week and then stopped writing. It was nothing personal, I just did not have it in me to write and then the weekend came along and Mark and I went out of town to see our girls and to celebrate his actual birthday. Along with all the running around I have continued to battle what might be a fall lull. My body is exhausted and my mind is murky and this morning’s chill in the air makes getting up and out of bed work.

Fall is the season of falling leaves and slowing down. I have been pulling out a snuggly blanket more and more when I sit down to read or write. I also look outside hoping to see the colors change a little more every day.   When the trees start to turn there is almost a festive fall feeling in the air. Apples, cider and donuts, along with color tours and flannel shirts help the celebration along.

I am looking outside this morning and the sun is bright and it is lighting up the red and gold in the trees. This is what a fall light show looks like. I welcome the chance to slow down from the summer’s busyness into a little slower pace. Maybe sip some warm cider and snuggle with Mark to keep warm. I also hope to get my brain back on track and feel like myself once again.


It’s going to take a little more time to get my brain on track. Hopefully not too much more, this feeling is like being mired in mud and not having any way out. My plan is to focus on the day ahead and grab a short nap this afternoon. I think a little self care is required here. As for you, I hope you will start to see fall all around you and enjoy the color show.

No comments: