Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Politics

This morning I got up early and went to work out at a gym Mark and I belong to. It’s a pretty easy going place, nice people and a trainer we like. There are all kinds of topics that come up when I am there and many times I just listen and keep quiet. The melting pot isn’t always filled with like minded people and I find it best to feel and believe what I do and not necessarily share it out loud. I know, it’s hard to believe that this chick that writes her life out loud doesn’t share everything in public isn’t it?

So anyway, the scary topic of politics came up and I heard our trainer and one of his clients commenting on a particular candidate that gets on my last nerve. They were insisting this candidate had a real shot at the job that they are shooting for and talking about polling numbers etc. I kind of jumped out of my skin a little and basically dumped my don’t ask, don’t tell policy about politics and raved like a nut job about how ridiculous the whole thing was. This sudden rant delighted the group at the gym and they laughed hysterically at my lunacy.


The thing about politics is that it is personal. I am not one to stand for one party or another. I look at the person and the history as well as the kind of life they lead. I am not big on flash and smoke and mirrors, I want value for my vote. I don’t talk about how I vote because I don’t want to go toe to toe about how I feel and why with anyone, because like I said before, it is personal. So now that I have thrown myself out there, I have to find a graceful way to reel it in. I figure I’m just going to laugh at their gentle ribbing and keep very quiet from here on out. I promise I won’t even say “I told you so!!!!” when this candidate is finally taken out of play. It’s best to get back to keeping my opinions to myself in the real world. The bonus is, it gives me much more to share here!

No comments: